Thursday 14 April 2016

beyond the value of my skin

I watched myself get consumed by you
With that scent that was almost never new
Almost always mine, but never really ours
I sold my soul to you
Covered up all that hurt with desire
Because my mind was screaming pain that my heart feared to feel
I sold my soul to you
Broken as it were
And you a willful buyer
I gave my body to you
Never asking in return
Because i did not need you to love me
But my soul begged for recognition
I gave you the corners of my body
To explore, to desire but never to love
Love would be too hard on my soul
This piece is not about desire
This is a poem about recognition
I needed you to see beyond the sky high walls
That so roughly cover my heart
I needed you to see the human, even when you couldn't love her
She did not need any loving
She needed someone to see her
I sold you my broken soul
You a willful buyer
Who failed to recognize my worth beyond the contours of my skin

No comments:

Post a Comment