Thursday 19 May 2016

pieces of my soul

Don't be afraid to hold my hand.
these cuts and blood are only a failed attempt to fix my soul
Worry rather about that pieces on the floor.
That fire that was my soul is as sharp as a blade.
See, all that love i once felt inside.
Its scattered across this dirty floor.
Listen, these pieces dont confront my fear.
Ive survived even the wildest storms.
I have lived with a broken heart half my life.
Surviving only on parts and pieces.
This soul may never feel the same again.
But somewhere in these pieces I still reside.
Breaking, broken, but here alive.
Dont worry about all this love lost.
Ive never fully known its worth.
Its been unexplored all my life.
Two loves Ive known since birth.
The warmth of a mother's love.
The highest was nailed up on that cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment